Thursday, October 11, 2007

Two birds

In one fell swoop last night, we were exposed to two of the biggest storylines in the Celtics season. Firstly, we saw the extent to which KG is able to change a game without taking over offensively. Secondly, we caught our first glimpse of the baby Celts, and promptly sent them crying.

The mere presence of KG in the post was enough to draw double teams away from free-shooting Ray Allen (who I've heard can shoot the ball a bit). Though KG finished with only 9 points, Ray ray shot 7-11 from the floor for a spectacular 28 points. I've maintained that if Rondo, Posey, House, Scal, and Tony Allen can consistently hit their outside jumper when they are in the game, then they'll be nailing it all day because their will be no one on them.

On the other side of the ball, I really hope we haven't seen the best of the Minnesota Timberwolves, possibly because I'd been singing the praises of the players we gave up. I hope that they aren't actually starting Ryan Gomes, Bassy Telfair, and Theo Ratliff over Randy Foye, Al Jefferson, Rashad McCants and Craig Smith. I feel like Gerald Green, unless he really breaks out this year, might get stuck behind the Gomes/McCants/Ricky Davis Troika which is a shame. He got even fewer minutes than Corey Brewer in last night's game, which was probably a result of Dwayne Casey wanting to figure out the best line ups. I don't doubt that there will be significant improvement over the course of the season for that team, as 8 of their players (4 of their starting five) were not on the team last year. Nevertheless, I'm kind of glad I didn't spring for Timberwolves tickets before they sold out.

0 comments: