Thursday, November 1, 2007

NBA Picks 11/1

This will be the first in a regular series of daily NBA picks in which I will pick the winner of all the day's games, including one featured game that is either evenly matched or an upset special. I will probably get most of the featured games wrong.

Winners in BOLD CAPS

  • DETROIT at Miami
  • PHOENIX at Seattle

  • Featured game: Houston at Utah

    In a rematch of last year's first round playoff series, these are two very evenly matched teams. Both have storied coaches that have yet to win the big one in Jerry Sloan and Rick Adelman. Both have dominant big men in Carlos Boozer and Yao Ming. And both have dynamic guards in Deron Williams and Tracy McGrady. Though the Jazz prevailed in the playoffs, the Rockets are buying into Adelman's motion offense and have a lot more in their arsenal (additions of Mike James, Luis Scola, Bonzi Wells, Steve Francis). Look for this to be a close game, with the Rockets ekeing it out. (I don't know how often I'm ever going to be picking against the Rockets.)
    Winner: HOUSTON

    Track my progress in the module in the sidebar and see how I stack up on Ballhype if I'm good enough.

  • 0 comments: