Thursday, July 19, 2007

This just in

Reports say that Steve Francis has agreed to a two-year, 6-million dollar contract with the Houston Rockets.

Finally, the Franchise is back in town, baby!

John Hollinger already rated the Rockets as having the best off-season so far, and now it just got better with this acquisition.

Starting Line-up:

PG: Mike James
SG: T-Mac
SF: Shane Battier
PF: Luis Scola
C: Yao Ming

Second Unit:

PG: Aaron Brooks/Steve Francis
SG: Luther Head
SF: Bonzi Wells
PF: Chuck Hayes
C: Jackie Butler/Dikembe Mutumbo

This assumes that Rafer Alston is going to be traded, which seems inevitable at this point. If he stays, I could see Mike James and Franchise spending some time at the 2 (though I don't see them on the court at the same time very much, due to lack of shots).

In any case, that's a pretty formidable set. I could see these Rocks contending for the title next year easily.

[edit] I don't mean that they'll contend easily, I mean that I could see them doing it easily. I'm not really sure how that all goes on the spectrum

2 comments:

Gary said...

i wouldn't be so happy as an avid knicks fan i can tell you that steve "franchise Killer" francis will lead your team to more headaches than wins

Loren said...

I'm going to choose to believe that we're going to see the happy-go-lucky version of Steve Francis that Clutch City came to love. Now that he's reunited with Lil' Bro Yao, hoepfully he'll have a better attitude than what he displayed after he was sad for being shipped out for the Mac Attack.