Friday, June 27, 2008

I hate to say I told you so

Photo from flickr user silva shutterbug

My unseeded pick, Mario Ancic, just took out my upsetee pick, David Ferrer (5) in four sets. He has a good chance to make it to the Quarters as well with his 4th round match against the 22nd seeded Spaniard, Fernando Verdasco, before inevitably getting crushed by Roger Federer. Ancic is the only unseeded player left in his half of the draw, which now is definitely the stronger half even with the fall of Novak Djokovic.

Avid readers might remember that my last unseeded pick, Gael Monfils, made it to the semi-finals before losing to that very same Roger Federer. Meanwhile I picked three players seeded in the 10 (#6 David Nalbandian, #7 James Blake, #10 Andy Murray) there, and the first two lost in the second round while Murray went down a round later.

Note: I realize that this is the third tennis related post I've written today, which must be annoying for those of you who have me on your readers for my basketblogging skills. Maybe I'll start a new tennis blog or something. Except I only report on majors and womanizing, so it wouldn't have too much stuff.

0 comments: