Thursday, July 10, 2008

Someone agrees with us!

Bugs and Cranks has started a petition to include Ichiro in the Home Run Derby. As you might remember, I asked for this a week and a half ago, but I didn't get the spike associated with being included in St. Andrew's Net [edit: And Morning Constitutional].

More on that post, it tentatively looks like I got my wish with the Ryans Braun and Howard, though I am basing this on the fact that they are among the listed participants on the Home Run Derby Wikipedia page, which also includes Willie Bloomquist, Miguel Cairo, and somewhat more reasonable but still unlikely Magglio Ordonez. Wikipedia also doesn't care that though only there are only eight participants in a home run derby, they've listed 10 people.


Upon doing further research, I have learned that 6 participants (Sizemore, Hamilton, Uggla, Utley, and Braun) have confirmed, while the last two spots are up for grabs. Please let one of them be Ichiro?

1 comments:

Reptar said...

Didn't we just go over the perils of using Wikipedia to determine what is occurring in sporting events?